With its Federal architecture and tree-lined lawns, College Avenue is the historic heart of Rutgers University–New Brunswick. Close to the cafés and shops of downtown New Brunswick, College Avenue is home to the world-class Zimmerli Art Museum and the School of Arts and Sciences, the largest school at Rutgers.
College Avenue Campus
- 3,185 student residents
- 91 academic buildings
- 6 libraries
- 16 residence halls
- 130 student lounges
- 1 world-class art museum
- College Avenue CampusWhere It All Began
- College Avenue CampusClasses at the Sign of the Red Lion
- College Avenue CampusOld Queens
- College Avenue CampusA Crossroads
- College Avenue CampusA Place to Read, Study, and Think
- College Avenue CampusAn Anchor in New Brunswick
- College Avenue CampusA Center for Health Care Education
- College Avenue CampusAn Arts Hub
- College Avenue CampusUniversity Center
- College Avenue CampusHanging Out Downtown
- College Avenue Campus42 letters, $300
What You’ll Find on College Avenue
Campus Dean and Dean of Students
The Campus Deans and the Office of the Dean of Students work collaboratively to enrich the academic experience of students and to provide support services. Their offices are located in the same building and they share a joint email account.
The Campus Dean, Matt K. Matsuda, organizes academic programs and events that bring faculty and students together beyond the classroom.
The Dean of Students, Timothy Grimm, focuses on campus well-being and assists students with medical, emotional, psychological, familial, or financial difficulties that are hampering academic success. If you find yourself struggling, the Dean of Students can help.