Get in the game as a fan or an athlete, and become a Scarlet Knight for life.
Home of the Scarlet Knights
Rutgers–New Brunswick is part of the Big Ten athletic conference and competes at the NCAA Division I level for men’s and women’s sports. Scarlet Knights provide thrills and excitement all season, and the grand tradition of supporting the team is a big part of the Rutgers experience. Teamwork on the field fuels a pride that resonates throughout the stands, and the entire campus.
Explore Rutgers Athletics
Feel the Pride
A few of the milestones, achievements, and distinctions of Rutgers Athletics:
- Division I Big Ten Rutgers football celebrated its 150th anniversary in 2019. The first collegiate football game was played between Rutgers and Princeton in 1869
- Head coach C. Vivian Stringer has one of the best records in the history of women's basketball
- Jersey Mike's Arena earned the nickname "Trapezoid of Terror" from Rutgers fans during a historic campaign in 2019-20 for the men's basketball program
- Two-time Olympic gold medalist Carli Lloyd played for Rutgers women's soccer 2001-2004
- Rutgers wrestling celebrated not one but two NCAA champions in 2019: Anthony Ashnault and Nick Suriano
From football to softball, wrestling to lacrosse, nearly 1,000 Rutgers men and women actively participate in the university’s sports programs. Learn more about our student athletes.
R-U RAH RAH!
Put on your red, join the fun, and continue the history. Take a look at the game schedules, purchase tickets, and come cheer on our Scarlet Knights.