Get in the game as a fan or an athlete, and become a Scarlet Knight for life.
Home of the Scarlet Knights
Rutgers–New Brunswick is part of the Big Ten athletic conference and competes at the NCAA Division I level for men’s and women’s sports. Scarlet Knights provide thrills and excitement all season, and the grand tradition of supporting the team is a big part of the Rutgers experience. Teamwork on the field fuels a pride that resonates throughout the stands, and the entire campus.
Feel the Pride
A few of the milestones, achievements, and distinctions of Rutgers Athletics:
- Division I Big Ten Rutgers football celebrated its 150th anniversary in 2019. The first collegiate football game was played between Rutgers and Princeton in 1869
- Head coach C. Vivian Stringer has one of the best records in the history of women's basketball
- The Rutgers Athletics Center earned the nickname "Trapezoid of Terror" from Rutgers fans during a historic campaign in 2019-20 for the men's basketball program
- Two-time Olympic gold medalist Carli Lloyd played for Rutgers women's soccer 2001-2004
- Rutgers wrestling celebrated not one but two NCAA champions in 2019: Anthony Ashnault and Nick Suriano