Launched as a “daring move” during the Great Depression, the Busch campus section of Rutgers University–New Brunswick has a can-do, eye-on-tomorrow spirit. Today, it’s where ahead-of-the-curve medicine, science, engineering, and high-tech happen, where the Visitor Center welcomes all, and where fervent fans flock to cheer the Scarlet Knights at HighPoint.com Stadium.
- 4,688 student residents
- 58 academic buildings
- 5 libraries
- 14 residence halls
- 97 student lounges
- 1 18-hole golf course
- Pitch a programming idea to RU-tv, the student-run cable TV network
- Get up close with Mars, Saturn, and other heavenly bodies at the Robert A. Schommer Astronomical Observatory
- Cheer for the Scarlet Knights at HighPoint.com Stadium
- Learn scuba diving (or Hip-Hop/Funk or Tai Chi) at the Sonny Werblin Recreation Center
- Share your know-how and enthusiasm at Rutgers Day when the university opens its doors to the public
- Jump-start your Rutgers spirit at the New Student Convocation
- Busch CampusTake It All In
- Busch CampusWhy Is It Called Busch Campus?
- Busch CampusStart Your Tour at the Visitor Center
- Busch CampusIt's All Happening at the Busch Student Center
- Busch CampusWaksman Institute of Microbiology
- Busch CampusFormula One Racing
- Busch CampusSonny Werblin Recreation Center
- Busch CampusScience Central
- Busch CampusLiving on Campus
- Busch CampusA Floor to Explore
- Busch CampusRU Rah Rah!
- Busch CampusHealth Sciences at Piscataway
What You’ll Find on Busch
A New Chemistry and Chemical Biology Building
The state-of-the-art facility provides teaching, laboratory, and support space for researchers to conduct innovative biophysical chemistry work related to human health, drug design and synthesis, alternative energy, biomaterials, nanotechnology, and other fields.
Campus Dean and Dean of Students
The Campus Deans and the Office of the Dean of Students work collaboratively to enrich the academic experience of students and to provide support services. Their offices are located in the same building and they share a joint email account.
The Campus Dean, Thomas V. Papathomas, organizes academic programs and events that bring faculty and students together beyond the classroom.
The Dean of Students, Sandra Castro, focuses on campus well-being and assists students with medical, emotional, psychological, familial, or financial difficulties that are hampering academic success. If you find yourself struggling, the Dean of Students can help.