Rutgers University–New Brunswick is the flagship home of Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey. We are a leading national research university committed to excellence in teaching, innovative research across a broad spectrum of subjects, and service that improves our local, national, and global communities.
About Rutgers University–New Brunswick
An Academic Powerhouse
Charming tree-lined campuses and state-of-the-art research and academic facilities host a convergence of world-class programs in disciplines as disparate as philosophy and oncology, physics and theater, urban planning and oceanography.
Location, Location, Location
Rutgers–New Brunswick straddles the Raritan River and offers convenient access to New York City (38 mi., 61 km) and Philadelphia (65 mi., 105 km) and the beautiful beaches of the Jersey Shore.
Smart, ambitious, and thoughtful people from all over come together in the heart of the Northeast Corridor to create a campus community that’s diverse, energetic, and inclusive.
Rutgers University–New Brunswick comprises
- more than 49,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students
- approximately 10,000 faculty and staff
- 17 degree-granting schools
- 175+ research centers
- a premier Honors College
- Douglass Residential College for women
* Schools in Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences, a university division aligned with Rutgers University–New Brunswick.