We're eager to help prospective students, their parents, and visitors discover all that Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, has to offer. So we're delighted to welcome you to our Visitor Center, your gateway to Rutgers and an official New Jersey Visitor Information Center. The center is the starting point for tours of the Rutgers University–New Brunswick and a place to interact with exhibits that illustrate the university’s unique history and the many contributions Rutgers faculty, students, and alumni have made to New Jersey, the United States, and the world.
WHEN WE'RE OPEN
- Admissions Counselors are available to meet with students on a walk-in basis without an appointment.
- Wait times may be between 30 minutes to an hour.
- No more than 30 minutes will be allotted for each meeting.
- We are open for walk-ins Monday-Friday 9 a.m. - 4 p.m (except dates below including major holidays)
- We are open only on select weekends when tours are conducted
- The Visitor Center will be closed the following dates:
- Wednesday, November 27 - Friday, November 29
- Friday, December 13 (closing at 1 p.m.)
- Tuesday, December 24 - Wednesday, January 1
How to Get Here
- Parking lot 48 (across from the Visitor Center, can be accessed from Sutphen Road)
- Rutgers Visitor Guide
How to Contact Us
- Campus Information 732-445-INFO (4636)
- Visitor Center 848-445-1000
- Email the Visitor Center
New Jersey Travel Information
We’re sorry, but only service animals may enter the Visitor Center. Pets are not permitted.
The Visitor Center is a 12,000-square-foot facility located on Sutphen Road, near SHI Stadium on the Busch Campus in Piscataway. Here, Rutgers’ history is etched in the walls: exhibits include a timeline of events from the founding of Queen’s College in 1766 through the birth of intercollegiate American football to the present day. Pick up brochures, view video presentations, and ask our friendly staff about
- applying to Rutgers
- Rutgers academic programs
- Rutgers campus life
- bus and walking tours
- directions to campus locations
- things to do and see in New Jersey
The campus tour was just what a parent needed to feel OK about sending an only child off to college. The tour guide was excellent. I would feel great sending my daughter here.