We're eager to help prospective students, their parents, and visitors discover all that Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, has to offer. So we're delighted to welcome you to our Visitor Center, your gateway to Rutgers and an official New Jersey Visitor Information Center. The center is the starting point for tours of the Rutgers University–New Brunswick and a place to interact with exhibits that illustrate the university’s unique history and the many contributions Rutgers faculty, students, and alumni have made to New Jersey, the United States, and the world.
Thursday, March 5, 2015
The Level 4 closure continues until 5 p.m. on Thursday, March 5. All evening and night classes are cancelled tonight at all Rutgers locations -- Rutgers University-Camden, Rutgers University-Newark, Rutgers University-New Brunswick and Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences. All RBHS clinical operations will remain open.
Classes will resume on Friday, March 6, at 8 a.m.
During the Weather Emergency – Level 4 Closure:
1. All day, evening, and night classes are cancelled on Thursday, March 5. Classes will resume on Friday, March 6 at 8a.m.
2. Essential Service Employees are directed to remain at work or to report to work as scheduled during the period of this Level 4 Weather Emergency Closure, unless otherwise directed.
3. Non-Essential Employees shall not report for work during the period of a Level 4 Weather Emergency Closure.
Please refer to the following adverse weather policies for more details related to
weather status declarations and procedures:
• Legacy Rutgers Employees: Attendance During Adverse Weather Conditions -
Policy 60.3.16 (http://policies.rutgers.edu/
• Legacy UMDNJ Employees: Inclement Weather and Emergency Curtailment of
Operations - Policy 60.9.58 (http://policies.rutgers.edu/
The university will provide updates as conditions warrant.
Visit the operating status page for more information.
When We’re Open
- Monday through Friday
8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
(except major holidays)
- Select weekends when tours are conducted
How to Get Here
- Parking lot 48, across from the Visitor Center, can be accessed from Sutphen Road.
- Rutgers Visitor Guide
How to Contact Us
- Campus Information
- Visitor Center
- Email the Visitor Center
New Jersey Travel Information
We’re sorry, but only service animals may enter the Visitor Center. Pets are not permitted.
The Visitor Center is a 12,000-square-foot facility located on Sutphen Road, near High Point Solutions Stadium on the Busch Campus in Piscataway. Here, Rutgers’ history is etched in the walls: exhibits by design firm Ralph Appelbaum Associates include a timeline of events from the founding of Queen’s College in 1766 through the birth of intercollegiate American football to the present day. Pick up brochures, view video presentations, and ask our friendly staff about
- applying to Rutgers;
- Rutgers academic programs;
- Rutgers campus life;
- bus and walking tours;
- directions to campus locations;
- things to do and see in New Jersey.
The campus tour was just what a parent needed to feel OK about sending an only child off to college. The tour guide was excellent. I would feel great sending my daughter here.