Write, call, email, chat. Whether your question is brief or complex, we’re here to help.
January 26, 2015
Weather Emergency - Level 4 Closure Extended
In response to adverse weather conditions, President Barchi has extended the Level 4 - Weather Emergency Closure for the university commencing Monday, January 26 at 4pm and ending Tuesday, January 27 at 5pm. All day and evening classes are cancelled for Tuesday, January 27. Classes will resume on Wednesday, January 28. During the Level 4 - Weather Emergency Closure:
1. Classes are cancelled.
2. Essential Service Employees are directed to remain at work or to report to work as scheduled during the period of this Level 4 Weather Emergency Closure, unless otherwise directed.
3. Non-Essential Employees shall not report for work during the period of a Level 4 Weather Emergency Closure. In addition, we recognize that weather conditions are different in different areas of the state. If employees desire to leave work prior to 4pm on January 26, they must receive approval from their immediate supervisor and charge appropriate accrued and available leave time for any work time missed.
Please refer to the following adverse weather policies for more details related to weather status declarations and procedures:
* Legacy Rutgers Employees: Attendance During Adverse Weather Conditions
- Policy 60.3.16 (http://policies.rutgers.edu/
* Legacy UMDNJ Employees: Inclement Weather and Emergency Curtailment of Operations - Policy 60.9.58 (http://policies.rutgers.edu/
Visit the operating status page for more info.
Call 732-445-info (4636)
RU-info, a service of Campus Information Services, is the primary source of general information for current students, prospective students, faculty, staff, visitors, and other guests of the Rutgers community. Students at the RU-info Call Center await your questions Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m., and weekends, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., during fall and spring semesters. During the summer and winter sessions, the office is open Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
You can email your questions to RU-info anytime through our Ask Colonel Henry Q & A service. Most questions submitted to Colonel Henry are answered in two to three days.
Send your questions to 732-662-2664.
Ask questions on our Facebook page.
You may also want to try our instant messaging chat service, available from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
If you can’t find a specific address for your correspondence by using the resources on this page or by searching the university website, you can use the following address:
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
57 US Highway 1
New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8554