Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences is New Jersey’s premier, university-based patient care provider. Our faculty practices, centers, clinics, and institutes log more than 1.7 million annual patient visits.
Wednesday, March 4, 2015
Delayed Opening - Level 1
In response to adverse weather conditions, President Barchi has declared a Level 1 - Delayed Opening for the entire university for Thursday, March 5, excluding RBHS clinical operations. All RBHS clinical operations will be open for normal business hours. The rest of the university will reopen at noon at all locations.
During the Delayed Opening:
1. All classes that are scheduled to begin before noon are cancelled.
2. Essential Service Employees are directed to remain at work or to report to work as scheduled during the period of this Level 1 Delayed Opening, unless otherwise directed.
3. Non-Essential Employees shall not report for work during the period of a Level 1 Delayed Opening. In addition, we recognize that weather conditions are different in different areas of the state. If employees desire to come into work after the university has reopened, or take the rest of the day off from work, they must receive approval from their immediate supervisor and charge appropriate accrued and available leave time for any work time missed.
Please refer to the following adverse weather policies for more details related to weather status declarations and procedures:
* Legacy Rutgers Employees: Attendance During Adverse Weather Conditions - Policy 60.3.16
* Legacy UMDNJ Employees: Inclement Weather and Emergency Curtailment of Operations - Policy 60.9.58
The university will provide updates as conditions warrant.
Visit the operating status page for more information.
A Leader in Care
Formed as a result of 2012 state legislation, Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences comprises eight schools; top faculty practices and community health clinics; New Jersey’s leading comprehensive cancer care center; New Jersey’s largest behavioral health care network; and scores of leading centers and institutes. Rutgers stands ready to serve you, with a commitment to helping you achieve your optimal level of health and wellness.
Find a physician, dentist, or behavioral health professional near your home or office.
Our university-based practice groups and centers offer you access to advanced technologies and leading-edge therapies and treatments, as well as a compassionate, patient-centered focus.
All individuals, particularly those living in traditionally underserved areas, should have access to high-quality health care regardless of their cultural or ethnic background or ability to pay. Many of our programs serve residents in urban communities of New Jersey.
The Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey is the state’s only National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center, a designation held by only 41 institutes nationwide. This mark of excellence in cancer care is granted competitively to institutions characterized by scientific distinction and the ability to bring research discoveries to patients.
University Correctional Health Care
University Behavioral Health Care-University Correctional Health Care provides mental, physical, and dental health care services for inmates, residents, and parolees of the New Jersey Department of Corrections, Juvenile Justice Commission, and State Parole Board.
Rutgers’ University Behavioral Health Care, the state’s largest, most comprehensive mental and behavioral health care system, serves every county in New Jersey.
Rutgers also offers mental and behavioral health care through a variety of other centers and clinics.
Take Charge of Your Health: Tips and Information
Take an active role in improving your health and that of your family and community. Explore these Rutgers resources to find tips and information on health care and disease prevention, safety and accident prevention, and nutrition and weight control.
Clinical trials are scientific research studies involving patients that seek better ways to treat or prevent diseases. Rutgers supports nearly 350 clinical trials at any given time, engaging thousands of patients. Rutgers’ Clinical Research Organization is the patient, researcher, and industry gateway to our statewide clinical trial activities.