The Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School (RWJMS), part of Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences, is dedicated to excellence in education, advanced research, community health, and patient care. Home to 20 basic science and clinical departments, the school also houses major research institutes that focus on a range of topics, from cardiovascular medicine to women’s health along with extensive clinical and community practices that offer direct care to patients and learning opportunities for students. RWJMS is the top-ranked medical school in New Jersey and a New York metropolitan region top 10 medical school for research and primary care, according to U.S. News & World Report.
January 26, 2015
Weather Emergency - Level 4 Closure Extended
In response to adverse weather conditions, President Barchi has extended the Level 4 - Weather Emergency Closure for the university commencing Monday, January 26 at 4pm and ending Tuesday, January 27 at 5pm. All day and evening classes are cancelled for Tuesday, January 27. Classes will resume on Wednesday, January 28. During the Level 4 - Weather Emergency Closure:
1. Classes are cancelled.
2. Essential Service Employees are directed to remain at work or to report to work as scheduled during the period of this Level 4 Weather Emergency Closure, unless otherwise directed.
3. Non-Essential Employees shall not report for work during the period of a Level 4 Weather Emergency Closure. In addition, we recognize that weather conditions are different in different areas of the state. If employees desire to leave work today prior to 4pm, they must receive approval from their immediate supervisor and charge appropriate accrued and available leave time for any work time missed.
Please refer to the following adverse weather policies for more details related to weather status declarations and procedures:
* Legacy Rutgers Employees: Attendance During Adverse Weather Conditions
- Policy 60.3.16 (http://policies.rutgers.edu/
* Legacy UMDNJ Employees: Inclement Weather and Emergency Curtailment of Operations - Policy 60.9.58 (http://policies.rutgers.edu/
Visit the operating status page for more info.
Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
At A Glance
Students: 541 (full-time and part-time)
Faculty: 767 (full-time and part-time)
Office of the Dean: 125 Paterson Street, Clinical Academic Building, College Avenue Campus, New Brunswick
- Bachelor of Arts and Doctor of Medicine (B.A./M.D.)
- Bachelor of Science and Doctor of Medicine (B.S./M.D.)
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.)
- Doctor of Medicine and Master of Business Administration (M.D./M.B.A.)
- Doctor of Medicine and Juris Doctor (M.D./J.D.)
- Doctor of Medicine and Master of Science in Jurisprudence (M.D./M.S.J.)
- Doctor of Medicine and Master of Public Health (M.D./M.P.H.)
- Doctor of Medicine and Doctor of Philosophy (M.D./Ph.D.)
- The principal teaching hospital is Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital (RWJUH), consistently ranked among New Jersey’s top five hospitals by U.S. News & World Report.
- Primary patient care units include the Robert Wood Johnson Medical Group, one of the largest multispecialty medical practice groups in New Jersey, and the Eric B. Chandler Health Center, a family-oriented community health center.
- The Child Health Institute of New Jersey promotes the school's mission to advance basic science knowledge of vertebrate development and growth, and mechanisms of human diseases. The Child Health Institute and RWJUH's Bristol-Myers Squibb Children's Hospital form New Jersey's only academic children's health campus.
- The Joint Molecular Biosciences Graduate Student Association is comprised of students enrolled in the graduate programs in molecular biosciences.