Our students, faculty, and staff actively contribute to the local communities Rutgers calls home. And our neighbors count on our varied resources to help their families, communities, and businesses thrive. Whether organizing food drives or volunteering at health clinics, Rutgers University–New Brunswick people are making a difference.
January 26, 2015
Weather Emergency - Level 4 Closure Extended
In response to adverse weather conditions, President Barchi has extended the Level 4 - Weather Emergency Closure for the university commencing Monday, January 26 at 4pm and ending Tuesday, January 27 at 5pm. All day and evening classes are cancelled for Tuesday, January 27. Classes will resume on Wednesday, January 28. During the Level 4 - Weather Emergency Closure:
1. Classes are cancelled.
2. Essential Service Employees are directed to remain at work or to report to work as scheduled during the period of this Level 4 Weather Emergency Closure, unless otherwise directed.
3. Non-Essential Employees shall not report for work during the period of a Level 4 Weather Emergency Closure. In addition, we recognize that weather conditions are different in different areas of the state. If employees desire to leave work today prior to 4pm, they must receive approval from their immediate supervisor and charge appropriate accrued and available leave time for any work time missed.
Please refer to the following adverse weather policies for more details related to weather status declarations and procedures:
* Legacy Rutgers Employees: Attendance During Adverse Weather Conditions
- Policy 60.3.16 (http://policies.rutgers.edu/
* Legacy UMDNJ Employees: Inclement Weather and Emergency Curtailment of Operations - Policy 60.9.58 (http://policies.rutgers.edu/
Visit the operating status page for more info.
Serving Our Neighbors
Programs Close to Home
Friends in surrounding communities, we have plenty of ways you can benefit from Rutgers programs and resources, from farmers markets to summer camps for kids.
Explore Rutgers Programs for the Community.
Engagement Opportunities for Everyone
Members of the Rutgers community, whether you’re a first-year student, Ph.D. researcher, or faculty or staff member, Rutgers offers you lots of options to apply your skills or expertise to issues ranging from pre-K education to urban entrepreneurship.
Tap into Volunteer Opportunities
Seeking to volunteer, but not sure where to look? Student Life at Rutgers–New Brunswick maintains an extensive list of volunteer organizations that help neighbors through elder care, mentoring, and a host of other ways.