Rutgers has good reason to be proud—a long and illustrious history, a vibrant academic environment, exciting research programs, and a tradition of service to New Jersey and the nation. But our greatest source of pride is our people—the faculty, staff, students, and alumni who are working to advance society and improve lives both at home and abroad.
January 26, 2015
Weather Emergency - Level 4 Closure Extended
In response to adverse weather conditions, President Barchi has extended the Level 4 - Weather Emergency Closure for the university commencing Monday, January 26 at 4pm and ending Tuesday, January 27 at 5pm. All day and evening classes are cancelled for Tuesday, January 27. Classes will resume on Wednesday, January 28. During the Level 4 - Weather Emergency Closure:
1. Classes are cancelled.
2. Essential Service Employees are directed to remain at work or to report to work as scheduled during the period of this Level 4 Weather Emergency Closure, unless otherwise directed.
3. Non-Essential Employees shall not report for work during the period of a Level 4 Weather Emergency Closure. In addition, we recognize that weather conditions are different in different areas of the state. If employees desire to leave work today prior to 4pm, they must receive approval from their immediate supervisor and charge appropriate accrued and available leave time for any work time missed.
Please refer to the following adverse weather policies for more details related to weather status declarations and procedures:
* Legacy Rutgers Employees: Attendance During Adverse Weather Conditions
- Policy 60.3.16 (http://policies.rutgers.edu/
* Legacy UMDNJ Employees: Inclement Weather and Emergency Curtailment of Operations - Policy 60.9.58 (http://policies.rutgers.edu/
Visit the operating status page for more info.
Points of Pride
Great Things to Know about Rutgers
We Are a Recognized National Leader Rutgers University–New Brunswick is a member of the Association of American Universities, a highly selective organization comprising the 62 top research universities in North America.
We Offer an Exceptional Education at an Affordable Price Rutgers is the only New Jersey research university included in Kiplinger's 100 Best Values in American public colleges and universities.
We Have a Renowned Faculty The Rutgers faculty includes winners of the National Medals of Science and Technology, MacArthur “Genius” Fellowships, Guggenheim Fellowships, and Fulbright Scholarships.
We Are Deeply Rooted in New Jersey Rutgers University–New Brunswick is proud to be part of the State University of New Jersey, the only state institution with the combined quality, scale, and range of resources to educate future leaders and meet the state's most pressing needs.
We Are Big Ten Rutgers is a member of the Big Ten athletic conference and the Committee on Institutional Cooperation, a consortium of 15 world-class research universities, including all Big Ten members and the University of Chicago.